Thursday, December 25, 2008

heia mamma

...which means: go, mom!

this was a gift for a dear friend of mine, a hard working and great mom, and a Crafter with capital C, i'm just sorry she hasn't got her own blog going yet.
this was the project i enjoyed most making this yule; a card wrap. the envelopes-out-of-old-childrens-books was something i hadn't done since i myself was almost a child. inspired by kimberly at anemone, and it was really fun making.

i made some cards out of left over cutout scraps.

the little black book is for addresses, and the smallest pocket is for stamps. i added a tiny ballpoint pen in the address book pocket. and i made another one for myself:


looking forward to seeing some of your crafty gift projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! I love the fabrics you chose.
I will have to try envelope making.

Unknown said...

I really love this booklet. I like the old art of handwritten letters. I always send thank you notes when I get gifts. Carrying something like this would allow me to leave quick little notes when something needs noticing and appreciating. Thanks for the post!
Sara in Salt Lake City
IbbySkibby.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin